Are you a caring and compassionate person interested in a career that...
Bayes Achievement Center is a residential treatment center and day school program serving special needs students with significant behavioral difficulties.
Licensed Vocational Nurse
The Licensed Vocational Nurse is responsible for monitoring clients' health status, providing necessary medical treatment and coordination of medical services with outside providers, as necessary. This individual will ensure compliance with all licensing standards related to medication storage, administration and documentation.
The LVN reviews health reports and documentation submitted by Direct Care staff regarding clients and initiates medical intervention as needed. This may include scheduling medical appointments for clients as necessary and notifying appropriate staff as well as performing general vision, hearing, and spinal screenings. The LVN is also responsible for accurately measuring, recording, and reporting vital signs of clients and assisting with Clinic as needed. This individual will also administer first aid, medications, and medically prescribed services as needed. Other responsibilities include inventorying, ordering, and stocking medications and medical supplies as needed as well as administering TB skin tests and various vaccinations to staff and clients.
Applicant must be able to work positively and professionally in a fast-paced team environment. Strong verbal and written communication skills are a must along with exceptional time management, organization, filing, and computer skills.
- Completion of appropriate Nursing Program as required for Licensed Vocational Nursing certification and have a current, valid LVN license in good standing
- Valid Texas driver license
- Bilingual, highly preferred
- Must pass criminal history check and drug screen
Benefits: 401(k) Profit Sharing Plan, company paid health, dental, and vision plans for the employee, and 15 days of paid time off per year.
The Maintenance Assistant will assist in maintaining the BAC grounds and physical plant to ensure facilities are in excellent operating condition, functional, safe, and clean. Additionally, this individual will perform general maintenance and repair of building structures and their mechanical, electrical, and sanitary systems.
- Maintain all administrative and residential properties and grounds maintaining a clean and orderly appearance
- Respond to written maintenance requests withing 48 business hours by notifying the requesting party of approximate completion time
- Ensure that maintenance tools and equipment are in good repair and operating order
- Perform maintenance and job duties within the scope of personal training and certification
- 2 years of maintenance experience, highly preferred
- Minimum of high school diploma/GED
- Valid Texas driver license
- Must pass criminal history and drug screen
- Ability to be flexible and adapt to change and unexpected circumstances
Benefits:401(k) Profit Sharing Plan, company paid health, dental, and vision plans for the employee, and 15 days of paid time off per year.
Awake Night Staff
Provide monitoring of residents during the night to ensure safety and well-being. Must be able to stay awake and alert. Positions are part time, 3 nights on/3 nights off and scheduled from 10:45 pm – 6:00 am.
Teaching Parent (Direct Care Staff) (4 Days On / 4 Days Off)
(Bachelor’s degree preferred but not required)
Teaching Parents provide care, educational/life skills training, and supervision to students with special needs in teaching homes and classroom settings. Positions are full-time live in on a 24-hr shift, 4 days on/4 days off (total of 96 hours).
- Assist classroom teacher in implementation and evaluation of student educational goals
- Monitor and assist clients with self-care
- Effective problem solving and problem sensitivity acumen
- Develop and schedule activities that lead, encourage, and develop the clients' independence
Qualified candidates must be at least 21 years old and should possess excellent communication skills, patience, a positive attitude, and flexibility.
Benefits include a yearly income of $41,000, 401(k) Profit Sharing Plan, company-paid health, dental, and vision plans for the employee, and 15 days of paid time off per year.
Strong verbal and written communication skills are a must. A clear criminal history check and FBI fingerprint is required and must pass a drug test.
7517 Highway 75 South, Huntsville, TX 77340