Are you a caring and compassionate person interested in a career that...
Bayes Achievement Center is a residential treatment center and day school program serving special needs students with significant behavioral difficulties.
Licensed Speech Therapist
The Speech Therapist is responsible for implementing the speech related IEP's to designated clients in cooperation with the teaching and residential staff. The Speech Therapist is also responsible for providing speech therapy services to students according to their respective Schedule of Services and IEP's and conducting speech therapy assessments as required. Completes appropriate documentation of services, including providing information to the Education Department for Progress Reports and Report Cards.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Professional licensure, in good standing, through the Texas State Board of Examiners for Speech Language Pathology, as a Speech Language Pathologist
- Strong decision-making, problem-solving, and analytical skills
- Excellent organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Minimum of 2-3 years of experience preferred, but not required
Benefits include company-paid health, dental, and vision plans for the employee, 401(k) Profit Sharing Plan, and 15 days of paid time off per year.
Awake Night Staff
Provide monitoring of residents during the night to ensure safety and well-being. Must be able to stay awake and alert. Positions are part time, 3 nights on/3 nights off and scheduled from 10:45 pm – 6:00 am.
Teaching Parent (Direct Care Staff) (4 Days On / 4 Days Off)
(Bachelor’s degree preferred but not required)
Teaching Parents provide care, educational/life skills training, and supervision to students with special needs in teaching homes and classroom settings. Positions are full-time live in on a 24-hr shift, 4 days on/4 days off (total of 96 hours).
- Assist classroom teacher in implementation and evaluation of student educational goals
- Monitor and assist clients with self-care
- Effective problem solving and problem sensitivity acumen
- Develop and schedule activities that lead, encourage, and develop the clients' independence
Qualified candidates must be at least 21 years old and should possess excellent communication skills, patience, a positive attitude, and flexibility.
Benefits include a yearly income of $41,000, 401(k) Profit Sharing Plan, company-paid health, dental, and vision plans for the employee, and 15 days of paid time off per year.
Strong verbal and written communication skills are a must. A clear criminal history check and FBI fingerprint is required and must pass a drug test.
7517 Highway 75 South, Huntsville, TX 77340