Are you a caring and compassionate person interested in a career that...
Bayes Achievement Center is a residential treatment center and day school program serving special needs students with significant behavioral difficulties.
Provides financial, administrative and clerical support by enduring payments are completed and expenses are controlled by processing, verifying and reconciling invoices according to established policies and procedures in an efficient, timely and accurate manner.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Accounts Payable Processing: 1) Pay vendors by monitoring discount opportunities, verifying federal id numbers, scheduling and preparing checks, resolving purchase order, contract, invoice, or outstanding memos. 2) Charge expenses to accounts and cost centers by analyzing invoices, expense reports and credit card receipts and recording entries. 3) Verify vendor accounts by reconciling monthly statements. 4) Provide accurate and effective document preparation and records management relative to the AP function in accordance with records retention policies and procedures.
- General bookkeeping duties; posting transactions, reconciling accounts, maintaining accounting records
- Prepare monthly invoices for all services provided in accordance with contracts
- Knowledge of accounting software (QuickBooks experience preferred)
- Stong decision-making, problem-solving and analytical skills
- Strong math skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Awake Night Staff
Provide monitoring of residents during the night to ensure safety and well-being. Must be able to stay awake and alert. Positions are part time, 3 nights on/3 nights off and scheduled from 10:45 pm – 6:00 am.
Teaching Parent (Direct Care Staff) (4 Days On / 4 Days Off)
(Bachelor’s degree preferred but not required)
Teaching Parents provide care, educational/life skills training, and supervision to students with special needs in teaching homes and classroom settings. Positions are full-time live in on a 24-hr shift, 4 days on/4 days off (total of 96 hours).
- Assist classroom teacher in implementation and evaluation of student educational goals
- Monitor and assist clients with self-care
- Effective problem solving and problem sensitivity acumen
- Develop and schedule activities that lead, encourage, and develop the clients' independence
Qualified candidates must be at least 21 years old and should possess excellent communication skills, patience, a positive attitude, and flexibility.
Benefits include a yearly income of $41,000, 401(k) Profit Sharing Plan, company-paid health, dental, and vision plans for the employee, and 15 days of paid time off per year.
Strong verbal and written communication skills are a must. A clear criminal history check and FBI fingerprint is required and must pass a drug test.
7517 Highway 75 South, Huntsville, TX 77340